With multiple languages in your shop you can address a wider audience, you increase your market and you ultimately sell more. A multilingual shop is a great advantage.
With EasyWebshop, you can set 20 different languages. You can display your shop, your products, the ordering process and the communication with your customer in the language of your customer. If your shop is multilingual, it automatically detects the language of the visitor according to the settings of the visitors' computer. Your customer can also change the language by clicking on the language flags on your website.
Automatic language detection
The language in which your online shop is displayed, is determined as followed:
- Is a language parameter given in the URL? all4you.be/nl will go to the Dutch version and all4you.be/en will go to the English version. The page the visitor was looking at will be preserved.
- Is a language parameter given by a web form? This is the case when a customer sets a language in his or her account.
- The language is detected on the basis of a referring domain name. (see table at the bottom of the page)
- Is a language cookie present on the computer? This is the case if the visitor has chosen a language before.
- Is the customer logged in with an account? In this case the standard language of the customer account is chosen.
- The language is detected by making use of the language settings in the browser of the visitor.
- If the above rules were unsuccessful, the default language of the online shop as set in the account settings is chosen.
A language choice screen on the homepage is not possible with EasyWebshop: 10 to 20% of visitors do not enter the website if at first there is a language choice. Also, it has a negative impact for indexing in search engines.
The available languages are: Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Greek, English, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish.
You can set multiple languages at Settings > Language & Currency. All standard texts on your web shop, the shopping cart, the checkout procedure and the emails to your customers are already translated for you. Even the management interface is multilingual.
You must translate the texts you are adding.
- Names of categories
- Names and descriptions of products
- Texts that you add through page management (CMS)
You only need to enter your categories and your products (and product photos) once. To any product, you can attach a name and a description in any language.
If your shop is multilingual, you automatically see the translation button when entering text. This button links your texts to Google Translate to help you translating.
Check the automated translated texts properly for translation errors when using translation software.
Web browsers like Google Chrome have an automatic translation function. Google Translate can automatically translate a website.
We do not recommend this method of translating. It will provide translation errors and is unprofessional to your customers.
To ensure the quality of our translations, all the translations are made by native translators, not by translation software. Afterwards they are checked for translation errors.
We are continuously working on improving our software and adding new languages. Adding a new language takes a lot of time and money, our application contains about 13,000 words. Because of this, it can take a while to complete a new language.
If, despite of this, you still find translation errors, you can report them by contacting us.
Domain names and languages
You can connect multiple domain names to your webshop. When a customer visits your webshop via an additional domain name or via an external domain name, then the language is set according to the top level domain. (domain name extension)
|Top Level Domain||Language|
Next page: Connecting to external platforms
- Product management
- Online store configuration
- Account and shop settings
- Payment methods and Payment Service Providers
- Invoices and Terms & Conditions
- Setting shipping costs
- Discounts and surcharges
- Registering and transferring domain names
- Multilingual shop
- Connecting to external platforms
- Personalized web addresses
- Managing multiple webshops (Multishop)
- Automatic emails to customers
- Designing a beautiful layout
- Order management
- Backups and exporting data
- Email and web mail
- Administrator accounts
- High quality photos
- Two-factor authentication
- Meta tags - Website verification
- Live chat
- Visitor analysis - Google Analytics
- Point Of Sale (POS)
- Form fields
- Digital or virtual products
- Symcalia reservation system
- Contacting the helpdesk