Invoices and Terms & Conditions
EasyWebshop focuses on webshop software but also offers an extensive invoicing application for its Business customers.
Before we offered this feature, we noticed that our customers had to create invoices manually in an office application or use external invoicing software. This was time consuming, cumbersome and sometimes expensive.
Therefore we created our own general purpose invoicing application. It generates invoices and emails them automatically based on the data of incoming orders. Once all parameters are configured as desired it can and save a lot of time.
Invoice data gets filled automatically and each field can be edited
Invoice template personalization, such as adding product photos and custom texts
The ability to customize the invoice calculation
UBL (Universal Business Language) standard integration for exporting to accounting applications
The ability to create proforma invoices, credit notes, packing slips and receipts
Automatic invoice numbering with reset function
Option to email invoices to an accountant and accounting applications
Automated downloading and emailing invoices
Multilingual (20 languages) and UTF-8 support
A4 and US Letter paper size
Easy and user friendly interface
Invoice settings can be found at Settings > More options > Invoices & Tax.
If Invoices & Tax is not displayed in the menu, change the user experience level to Advanced, at Settings > More options > User experience level.
- Example Invoice
- This button generates an example invoice in a new browser window. You can change the settings below and click this button again to see the result. You can also make a test order in your own shop and download a real invoice at Management > Orders. Making a few test orders is recommended; this allows you to fine-tune your invoices.
- Paper size
- It is possible to generate invoices in A4 format and U.S. Letter format.
- This sets the language of the invoice. By default this is the default language of the webshop but it can also be set to the language of the customer or to another language.
- Invoice number prefix
- This is a fixed prefix that will be shown before the invoice number. It's advised to only use letters and not numeric characters. Using numbers can cause confusion with the invoice numbers.
- Invoice number
- Click on the invoice number to get an overview of the invoice numbers and the orders connected to them. On the bottom of this page you will find a Reset button to disconnect the invoices from the orders and start with new invoice numbers. Resetting invoice numbers cannot be undone after the confirm button was clicked. You will have to create new invoices.
- Due date
- This option allows you to set the number of days before the invoice must be paid.
- Invoices, Proforma invoices, Credit notes, Packing slips and Receipts can have a separate color template to distinguish them from each other.
- Font type
- There are 3 default fonts available: Sans serif, monospace (each character takes up the same amount of space), and serif. The application is limited to these fonts because they are installed on every type of computer and therefore do not have to be added to the PDF data. This ensures that the file size of the invoices remains small. Also, these fonts are comfortable to read so the invoices remain clear and without confusing characters.
- This is a logo (image file) that will appear on the top left of your invoices.
- File formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png
- Maximum file size: 5MB
Use the features Resize and Crop to experiment with different logos and sizes until you have the desired result. You can also use image editing software to further fine-tine your logo. We recommend GIMP and Paint.NET. Sometimes white space must be added to the sides or at the top and bottom if the logo is too long to fit on the invoice.
- Invoice details
- You company data will de displayed on top of the invoice. Click the Update link to change your company details.
- The header is an optional text that can be added to the invoice. This text is displayed under the address details and above the products.
- The footer is an optional text that can be added to the invoice. This text is displayed below the products and above the invoice calculation.
- Footer 2
- The second footer is an optional text that can be added to the invoice. This text is displayed below the invoice calculation and the total amount.
- Display preview images
- For each product a thumbnail (small image) can be shown under the product code. This only works if the product can be found in product management. It does not work for deleted products.
- Add a terms and conditions page
- You can add a page with terms and conditions. The text can be set in multiple languages at Settings > More options > Terms and conditions. In the section below setting terms and conditions is explained in more detail.
- Email invoice
- Here you can set the destinations to send the invoice to. By default the invoice will be send to your customer and a copy will be send to you. The invoices are not saved in the back office, you can save them in your mailbox. It is possible to add extra email addresses. This can be a person who manages the administration, an accountant or an accounting application.
You can add the PDF invoice as an attachment to the email.
For accountants and accounting applications you can use the UBL-standard for automatic processing of your invoices.
After viewing an invoice you can send it by clicking on the Email invoice icon on the bottom of the invoice example.
- Automated actions
- To save you time, the invoice can be downloaded (in PDF or UBL format), assigned an invoice number and emailed automatically upon opening the invoice. In this section, you can choose the actions that you want to be performed automatically.
- Here you can set whether the prices in your shop are offered including or excluding VAT. Set this only once. Changing this setting is very confusing for your customers. In addition, invoices from previous orders will be miscalculated because these orders have been made with another tax calculation method.
- VAT Rate
- You can set up to three tax rates here. For example for Belgium: 21%, 12% and 6%, for the Netherlands 21%.
- Do not charge VAT outside Europe (EEA)
- Check this option if you do not want that VAT is charged for orders with a customer invoice country outside of Europe.
- Do not charge VAT for foreign EU-companies (EEA)
- This allows you to ensure that VAT is 0% for B2B orders from another European country. For example if a Swedish company sells a product to a Danish company, or vice versa. Your customers need a valid VAT number for this to work.
- Checkout procedure B2B / B2C
- B2B + B2C: during, customers can choose between Private or Business. This is the default setting.
B2C: your customers can not enter a company name or VAT number. This simplifies the checkout procedure. Product prices excluding VAT are not displayed in your shop.
B2B: your customers can enter a company name and VAT number during checkout.
B2B VAT Number required: same as B2B, but the VAT number is verified in the VAT Information Exchange System of the European Union. Please note that the EU VIES has regular interruptions; it will not be possible for your customers to place an order during VIES downtime.
Opening and viewing invoices
The invoices are generated in the default PDF format. You can open .pdf files with a PDF reader application, we've listed a few recommended open source PDF-readers below:
Changing invoice numbers
Invoice numbers are automatically assigned to each invoice following on the highest existing invoice number. The assignment of the new invoice number occurs on the moment of downloading or emailing the invoice.
When downloading an invoice, you can change the invoice number at the bottom of the page. The next invoice number will start from your latest given invoice number. This allows you to choose exactly which number is given to each invoice. It's possible to skip the invoice numbers of orders from outside your shop or to create double invoice numbers (if this would be desired). Because the highest invoice number is always used for the next invoice, it's impossible to have automatically generated duplicate invoice numbers.
As a user you always have the freedom to choose the invoice numbers, but with the possible consequence of messing up. We recommend to let the system assign invoice numbers automatically. This way, gaps and double invoice numbers will never occur.
At invoice settings, click on the invoice number to get an overview of the invoice numbers and the orders connected to them. On the bottom of this page you will find a Reset button to disconnect the invoices from the orders and start with new invoice numbers. Resetting invoice numbers cannot be undone after the confirm button was clicked. You will have to create new invoices.
Multilingual terms and conditions
Terms and conditions can be set in multiple languages at Settings > More options > Terms and conditions.
If Terms and conditions is not displayed in the menu, first adjust the user experience level to Advanced, at Settings > More options > User experience level.
Terms and conditions can be found:
- At the bottom of your website using the "Terms and conditions" link, with a possibility to print
- The customer must accept the terms and conditions in the last step of the checkout
- On the second page included with your invoices
Keep the layout of the terms and conditions simple. There is no reason to use a lot of text markup except for paragraphs. Because this text is displayed in HTML pages and PDF documents, the layout may be different in both situations.
Starting from May 25, 2018, any organization that processes or controls personally identifiable information about EU residents must implement strict organizational and technical measures to be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You can make your webshop GDPR compliant at Settings > More options > Privacy Statement.
Next page: Setting shipping costs
- Product management
- Online store configuration
- Account and shop settings
- Payment methods and Payment Service Providers
- Invoices and Terms & Conditions
- Setting shipping costs
- Discounts and surcharges
- Registering and transferring domain names
- Multilingual shop
- Connecting to external platforms
- Personalized web addresses
- Managing multiple webshops (Multishop)
- Automatic emails to customers
- Designing a beautiful layout
- Order management
- Backups and exporting data
- Email and web mail
- Administrator accounts
- High quality photos
- Two-factor authentication
- Meta tags - Website verification
- Live chat
- Visitor analysis - Google Analytics
- Point Of Sale (POS)
- Form fields
- Digital or virtual products
- Symcalia reservation system
- Contacting the helpdesk